Most incidents are easily preventable, yet often overlooked.
Using multiple data sources within DAN’s emergency, medical, and insurance claims networks, we identified five contributing factors – each preventable – that led to diver injury and/or death.
We found that those who are most at risk are divers who:
- Ignore their LIMITS – environmental, physical or physiological
- Improperly manage AIR consumption, leading to out-of-air situations
- Discount the importance of proper EQUALIZATION and ignore problems
- Fail to learn proper BUOYANCY control
- Lack control on ASCENT and discount safety stops
To address these issues in further detail, we created the Prepared Diver program. It’s the perfect complement to your entry-level certification, offering insight into the science behind fundamental diving skills and highlighting the best practices vital to making good diving decisions.